Monday, February 14, 2011

17 Love

So good news that I forgot to mention last time: the classroom cleaning and prayer payed off, and Christian is in school, I'm excited to say!

I've found one of the highlights of my time here so far to be working with the kids at Talita Cumi. I think this is a highlight because of how easy it is to love those kids, and how friendly and loving they are. They all got so much love in them. Something that was confirmed in my mind by a wise friend of mine is that God really allows people to grow in their ability to love; in their ability to understand; in their ability to be more like Him. He helps us grow in such things. People have so much love for someone, and God takes that and grows it up and people find themselves not understanding how such love could grow so deeply. I think this will happen constantly while I'm here. And it breaks my heart that the Bolivian laws state that orphanages that the government supports ($1 a day for each child), including Talita Cumi, must not allow children to reside there past the age of 18, and for all those kids who don't end up getting adopted just go on back to the streets. I guess that's what Ken's house is for.

Ken's house is really great. The heart of the mission is based in the love of God and He really is blessing this home.

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord that Gary's son, Christian, is in school! Does Ken's house have a special name?By the way, what do the letters, EFCCM, stand for?

    ReplyDelete