Thursday, April 7, 2011

21 I was Going to Go to the Jungle...

I was going to go to the jungle and see the pink dolphins...
But the truck needed new tires.

I was going to go to the jungle and fish for piranas...
But the truck also needed new lights.

I was going to go to the jungle and meet the indigenous people...
But the truck needed new breaks.

I was going to go to the jungle and drill wells for the indigenous people...
But there weren't enough volunteers.

I was going to go to the jungle and see a new array of animals...
And we finally found the volunteers.

I was going to go to the jungle and eat a mango as big as my head...
But our team leader got bit by a stupid street dog and is now restrained to city life for the next week and get shots for rabies so that he doesn't die or go crazy and become hydrophobic in the middle of our trip while we boat down the tropical river.

A poem by Tim Plant.



Ok, so maybe the last part wasn't too poetic, but yeah, I'm a little upset that I didn't get to do the trip after all, but the new plan is to go to the jungle on the 27th. Please pray for our new friend, Marco (not the same one I've talked about before) as he gets treatment for his dog bite. It's not bad, but there's always some sort of nasty bacteria in the mouths of street dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment